Cognition Episode 2
COGNITION SEASON PASS
|Genre:||Point and Click Adventure|
|Developer:||Phoenix Online Studios|
|Publisher:||Phoenix Online Studios|
|Platform:||PC, Mac and iPad|
|Released:||January 30, 2013|
Buy the full season of Cognition for $29.99 and get each episode upon release ($40 value) PLUS the exclusive prequel e-comic! Learn More...
ABOUT THE GAME
FBI agent Erica Reed has an uncanny talent: she can see the past and piece together how a crime unfolded. But not even this sixth sense could save her younger brother, Scott, from a brutal serial killer. Three years later, the investigation into Scott’s murder has gone cold -- but Erica’s work has only just begun.
Developed by Phoenix Online Studios (the team who made the King’s Quest spin-off The Silver Lining), with contributions from veteran game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter) and comic book artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, X-Men, The Darkness), Cognition is a thrilling adventure that grips you and won’t let go.
The full season of Cognition includes:
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Episode 1: The Hangman.
Jump into Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller with The Hangman, the exciting first installment of a four-part series that brings Erica face to face with the deranged demons of her past. A serial killer is loose in Boston -- one who seems to be leaving deliberate clues that only Erica, with her unique post-cognitive abilities, can uncover. Is she finally on her way to solving Scott’s murder? Or, blinded by vengeance, is she falling into a trap that could cost Erica her life?
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Episode 2: The Wise Monkey.
When someone close to Erica is kidnapped by the Wise Monkey, a serial killer fixated on the gruesome mutilation of their victims, Erica is in a race against time to save his life. With the Wise Monkey case in her hands and the FBI’s resources already stretched thin, she’s on her own to find the killer before it’s too late - again.
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Episode 3: The Oracle.
When a trail of clues—and bodies—lead Erica to the luxurious Enthon Towers, her post-cognitive powers leave her unable to escape the dark betrayals in its past. The shocking truth about the Oracle’s identity is revealed, along with the killer’s connection to Erica’s own tragic past. No longer sure who she can trust, if anyone, Erica is determined to find the truth, no matter what the cost.
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Episode 4: The Cain Killer.
In the intense finale of Cognition, the Cain Killer resurfaces and Erica is on her own to finish what she started three years ago. But when the time comes to face her brother’s murderer, what lines will Erica be willing to cross? Which will she choose: justice or revenge?
- Engrossing, Episodic Narrative – As an engaging and narrative-driven game, Erica’s story is rife with intrigue and suspense over multiple episodes of thrilling mystery.
- Fully-realized Characters – A very talented cast of voice actors helps round out diverse characters with complex motivations. Each new character makes the game that much more dynamic.
- Choices Matter – Branching puzzles have several different ways to be completed and solved, offering unique paths for the player to take as they solve the mystery.
- Mind-bending Challenges – This game is easy to pick up and play, but it certainly doesn’t skimp out on the challenging aspects of puzzling. Uncovering clues and putting pieces together make for a trial of one’s intuition and savvy.
- Stunning Art – The breath-taking, hand-drawn art evokes the mood of the narrative. Intrinsic to the atmosphere of the game, dark hues paint gruesome scenes vividly.
- All-Star Dev Team – Developed by a true “indie dream team”, the line-up includes comics artist Romano Molenaar (Batman, Witchblade, Tomb Raider, X-Men) as Art Director and renowned adventure game designer Jane Jensen (Gabriel Knight, Gray Matter, and the upcoming Moebius) lending her expertise as Story Consultant.
|OS:||Windows: XP, Vista, Windows 7 or Mac: Snow Leopard (10.6.X)|
|Processor:||2.0 GHz or better. For Mac systems, an Intel-based processor is required.|
|RAM:||2 GB or higher|
|Graphics:||ATI or NVidia with 512 MB RAM or better. Not recommended for play on Intel systems with integrated/shared video memory.|
|Hard Drive:||2.5 GB of free space|